Glazed Interior Base Bread Dome
This Superstone® bread dome is a versatile product for baking breads and chicken, vegetable or meat dishes.
- Made from all natural stoneware
- Measurements: overall height: 8 in. (to top of handle), overall width: 12.25 in.
- Base outer: 9.75 x 4.5 inches ; base inner: 9.25 x 4.5 inches
- Lid outer: 8.7 x 3.25 inches (to top of handle); Lid inner: 8.25 x 3.25 inches
- Base & lid: 12.25 x 8 inches (to top of handle); Base & lid: 12.25 x 7.5 inches (to top of dome)
- Stoneware material replicates a professional brick-lined oven to create a dry, even heat and spectacular bread
- Domed shape allows air to evenly-circulate around the baker for a uniformly browned crust on bread
- Unglazed lid helps create the perfect environment for baking crackly breads and juicy chickens and roasts
- Glazed base is dishwasher safe and its interior won't absorb juices from foods, so the bread dome may be used for breads and many other dishes
- Added hole in the lid releases steam, preventing soggy breads
See care instructions here
Loved by bakers and cooks all over, Sassafras have been making innovative bakeware since 1982. Their groundbreaking la cloche® was inspired by the Etruscans, an ancient nomadic people who carried a stoneware bell with them for baking bread. The Etruscans would place their dough on rocks that had been baking in the sun and cover the dough with the cooking bell. This is the earliest known stone baking oven, which is where today’s top pizzerias and bakeries have developed the knowledge over the years to create the fine breads. Sassafras also extends its products to roast chicken, vegetable and meat dishes as well, replicating a professional brick-lined oven for the modern home.
Shipping & Returns
US standard delivery is $10. Orders are dispatched within 2 business days from ordering, please allow 5-7 business days for delivery.
Returns are available within 30 days. Any returned items must be in new (unused) condition and should include all original, undamaged packaging. Return shipping is at your own cost, unless the item received is faulty.
To begin a return, contact us here, quoting your order number and reason for return. After the item is received back, it will be checked before your refund is issued.