Stoneware La Cloche® Bread Baker
Replicating a professional brick-lined oven that produces bread with a light crumb and crusty exterior, the la cloche is a must-have for any artisan bread baker.
- Made from all natural stoneware
- Outer measures: 12.25 x 7 inches including lid
- Outer lid measures: 12 x 6 inches; inner lid measures: 11.75 x 4.75 inches
- Outer base: 10.5 x 1.5 inches; inner base measures: 10.5 x1.5 inches
- Can be used in a conventional, convection or microwave oven but not over a direct flame
- Creates a chewy crust and light crumb
- See care instructions here
Loved by bakers and cooks all over, Sassafras have been making innovative bakeware since 1982. Their groundbreaking la cloche® was inspired by the Etruscans, an ancient nomadic people who carried a stoneware bell with them for baking bread. The Etruscans would place their dough on rocks that had been baking in the sun and cover the dough with the cooking bell. This is the earliest known stone baking oven, which is where today’s top pizzerias and bakeries have developed the knowledge over the years to create the fine breads. Sassafras also extends its products to roast chicken, vegetable and meat dishes as well, replicating a professional brick-lined oven for the modern home.
Shipping & Returns
US Standard Delivery is $12 and dispatched within 2 business days from ordering. Please allow 5-7 business days for your Sassafras products to arrive.
If an item is unsuitable please notify us via our contact page within 7 days of receipt. The item must be returned in sellable condition complete with all original packaging. Return shipping is at your own cost, unless the item received is faulty.
To begin a return, contact us here, quoting your order number and reason for return. After the item is received back, it will be checked before your refund is issued.