Made using exceptionally soft, lightweight baby alpaca, this gorgeous scarf in pale blue was handmade in Peru by Mantari’s skilled team of mothers.
- 70% baby alpaca, 7% Merino wool, 23% polyamide
- Handmade in Peru by Mantari’s team of 100 mothers
- Mantari offer a $30 contribution to any repair costs
- Mantari is a fair trade certified company employing 100 mothers that take part in a literacy program
With 3x the insulating capacity of sheep’s wool, alpaca’s soft texture is compared to that of cashmere
- Alpaca contains no lanolin, making it hypoallergenic and much less ‘prickly’ than sheep’s wool
- Stain, odor and wrinkle resistant
- Inspired by the colors and textures of the Andes - its harsh landscape, vast sky and flora and fauna
- Gently hand wash cold, dry flat
Ethical knitwear brand Mantari was founded by Edith and Julia Mantari, who grew up surrounded by the Andes Mountains in Peru and immersed in the rich tradition of alpaca farming. Every Mantari is hand-knit in Peru by a team of 100 mothers, who have been empowered to develop skills, provide for their families and participate in a literacy program supported by this fair trade certified company. Prized for its softness and warmth, alpaca fiber is stain, odor and wrinkle resistant: a true treasure of the Peruvian Andes. If your Mantari piece ever breaks or fails unexpectedly, they'll even pay $30 towards the fixing - simply take it to a local tailor, and avoid unnecessary shipping air-miles.