Made with fairtrade superfine alpaca - an exceptionally warm, soft and durable fiber - the Victoria sweater features a roll neck, tie detail and flared sleeves.
- 89% superfine alpaca, 11% polyamide
- Handmade in Peru
- Mantari offer a $30 contribution to any repair costs
- Mantari is a fair trade certified company employing 100 mothers that take part in a literacy program
With 3x the insulating capacity of sheep’s wool, alpaca’s soft texture is compared to that of cashmere
- Alpaca contains no lanolin, making it hypoallergenic and much less ‘prickly’ than sheep’s wool
- Stain, odor and wrinkle resistant
- Featuring tie at hip, flared sleeves and funnel neck
- Gently hand wash cold, dry flat
Ethical knitwear brand Mantari was founded by Edith and Julia Mantari, who grew up surrounded by the Andes Mountains in Peru and immersed in the rich tradition of alpaca farming. Every Mantari is hand-knit in Peru by a team of 100 mothers, who have been empowered to develop skills, provide for their families and participate in a literacy program supported by this fair trade certified company. Prized for its softness and warmth, alpaca fiber is stain, odor and wrinkle resistant: a true treasure of the Peruvian Andes. If your Mantari piece ever breaks or fails unexpectedly, they'll even pay $30 towards the fixing - simply take it to a local tailor, and avoid unnecessary shipping air-miles.