Loaf Pan Bread Baker, Various Colours
The superstone® loaf pan produces a smaller yet spectacular Italian, or oblong, loaf of bread, thanks to its stoneware that replicates a brick-lined oven.
- Made from all-natural stoneware
- Glazed exterior and Unglazed Interior
- Inner dimensions: 8.75 x 4.75 x 2.5 inches; outer dimensions: 11 x 5.25 x 3 inches
- Unglazed interior pulls moisture from the dough, replicating the effects of a brick-lined oven to give you a light crumb and crusty exterior loaf.
- See care instructions here
Loved by bakers and cooks all over, Sassafras have been making innovative bakeware since 1982. Their groundbreaking la cloche® was inspired by the Etruscans, an ancient nomadic people who carried a stoneware bell with them for baking bread. The Etruscans would place their dough on rocks that had been baking in the sun and cover the dough with the cooking bell. This is the earliest known stone baking oven, which is where today’s top pizzerias and bakeries have developed the knowledge over the years to create the fine breads. Sassafras also extends its products to roast chicken, vegetable and meat dishes as well, replicating a professional brick-lined oven for the modern home.