The Manduka Pro is brilliant, but if you're looking for something a little easier to lug from home to gym and back, the ProLite is the yoga mat for you. It weighs only 4lb, in comparison to the Pro's 7.5lb. The Manduka ProLite is a high-density cushion mat designed to enhance your yoga practice, protect joints and improve flow between moves. The ‘closed-cell structure’ of the fabric keeps sweat and bacteria out (as opposed to an ‘open-cell structure’ which absorbs moisture more easily) making the Manduka ProLite ideal for hot yoga.
These mats are made to last a lifetime (or two) and are backed-up with an impressive lifetime guarantee. If your mat fails to meet manufacturing standards upon purchase, or if it wears out through regular use under normal yoga conditions, Manduka will replace your mat for free. Manduka want us to keep our yoga mats out of the landfill (or just as tragic, rolled-up uselessly, collecting dust, in the corner of the living room) and reduce our overall mat consumption. Buy one mat and keep it for life or donate your high-quality mat to someone else when you’re done with it.
The Manduka ProLite is made with toxin-free PVC, which means it does not release harmful toxins into the atmosphere and is certified safe for human contact. Once purchased, you age your mat like a fine ham, sprinkling it with coarse sea salt for 24 hours to break-it-in and improve its ‘stickiness’. The more you use it, the better it gets and your mat becomes more characterful and beautiful with each practice.
- Standard: 4 lbs; 71" x 24"; 4.7 mm thick
- High-density cushion, joint protection, and unmatched support.
- Guaranteed to never wear out from yoga practice.
- Closed-cell surface prevents sweat from seeping into the mat and breeding bacteria.
- Sustainable engineering ensures high quality material will never peel, flake or fade.
- Non-toxic, emissions-free manufacturing, 100% latex free.