Stoneware La Cloche® Bread Baker
Replicating a professional brick-lined oven that produces bread with a light crumb and crusty exterior, the la cloche is a must-have for any artisan bread baker.
- Made from all natural stoneware
- Outer measures: 12.25 x 7 inches including lid
- Outer lid measures: 12 x 6 inches; inner lid measures: 11.75 x 4.75 inches
- Outer base: 10.5 x 1.5 inches; inner base measures: 10.5 x1.5 inches
- Can be used in a conventional, convection or microwave oven but not over a direct flame
- Creates a chewy crust and light crumb
- See care instructions here
Loved by bakers and cooks all over, Sassafras have been making innovative bakeware since 1982. Their groundbreaking la cloche® was inspired by the Etruscans, an ancient nomadic people who carried a stoneware bell with them for baking bread. The Etruscans would place their dough on rocks that had been baking in the sun and cover the dough with the cooking bell. This is the earliest known stone baking oven, which is where today’s top pizzerias and bakeries have developed the knowledge over the years to create the fine breads. Sassafras also extends its products to roast chicken, vegetable and meat dishes as well, replicating a professional brick-lined oven for the modern home.